Salted Almond Coconut Chocolate Candy/Bites
Sometimes you just want to feel like a kid again and enjoy some sweets! But these days it's hard to find just about anything that isn't too sugary or has terrible ingredients on the label. That's why we've created that perfect combination of tasty sweet + healthy ingredients you can be proud of! These candy bites are so yummy and great to make with the kids or even for a party or gathering. Sweet treats don't have to be terrible for you! Here's a guilt free candy that I think you will love made with all Paleo and Gluten free ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp kosher salt + 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Nikkis Vanilla Cake Batter, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp honey, warmed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate + 1/4 cup Nikkis Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Preheat oven to 300F. In a bowl, add the raw almonds and 1 tbsp kosher salt, add the boiling water and allow the almonds to brine for at least 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain the almonds and pat dry. Bake at 300F for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow almonds to cool slightly. In a food processor, combine the almonds, shredded coconut, Vanilla Cake Batter, coconut cream, honey, vanilla, and kosher salt. Pulse until mixture starts to form a ball/or comes together but not enough to turn into a smooth puree.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or your hands, form the coconut mixture into uniform shapes. Set aside and melt together the dark chocolate and Nikkis Dark Chocolate Fudge. Dip each coconut ball into the chocolate. Allow to harden in the fridge before consuming.
This recipe and pictures were contributed by our friend Denise at @denimelon on IG and denimeloneats.blogspot.com. She has some fabulous Paleo and Gluten Free recipes out there. Go check them out!