Strawberry season is my favorite! I love snacking on them fresh and incorporating them into salads and sweets! They have a burst of flavor that makes them wonderful in many recipes, but I especially like them in this berry galette. Mixed with some fresh blueberries, this is a wonderful twist on a berry pie!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple/coconut sugar
- 3.5 tbsp Nikkis Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter (slightly cold but solid)
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp cold water
- 1 - 2 cups chopped berries
- lemon juice
- honey or maple syrup
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, tapioca, salt, sugar, coconut butter, and butter. Pulse until it resembles sand/crumbs. Add the egg, pulse to combine. Pulse in 1 tbsp of water at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the food processor.
- Remove dough and place on a sheet of plastic wrap. Knead in remaining 2 tbsp tapioca flour. Divide into two even portions. Wrap with plastic wrap and flatten to a disk. Let the dough chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Toss together the berries, lemon juice and honey/maple syrup to taste. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 400F. Remove dough from plastic wrap and flour surface with a little tapioca flour. Dough will soften pretty quickly, so work fast to roll out dough. Roll dough out to about 3/8" thick (thinner the better, dough will crisp up better).
- Add the berries in the center of the dough and fold up the edges. Brush sides of egg wash (optional) and sprinkle with a little granulated maple/coconut sugar. Bake for 20 minutes at 400F or until edges have become slightly golden and berries are soft and juicy.
Recipe and pictures by Denise of @denimelon on Instagram.