No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites are heavenly! They are fun to make and they're made using simple ingredients, our favorite! These cookies are made using our Cashew Cookie Butter and slightly sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips. You can lower the sugar content in these with less maple syrup and/or raw cacao nibs in place of the chocolate chips if you prefer a low sugar treat. Either way, these no-bake cookies are a fun treat that you can easily make with the kiddos ahead of time and they'll be ready for your mid week snack time! Enjoy! (Yields 14-16 cookies)
1 cup Cashew Cookie Butter
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon ground flax
½ cup shredded coconut
2.5 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
½ cup chocolate chips*
- Heat a small sauce pan to medium heat and add the cashew cookie butter, coconut oil and maple and heat until everything is melted.
- In a large bowl combine the flax, coconut and oats and mix.
- Pour the melted cookie butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Let the batter set and cool for about 15 minutes and then stir in the chocolate chips if desired.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of batter in to your hand and use your hands to pack the oats and roll them in to a ball. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Place in the refrigerator for about one hour or until the cookies have set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and let the cookies sit out at room temperature for about 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe and photos provided by Jessi at @jessiskitchen on IG. Go check her page for some fun paleo and gluten free recipes to make!