Peachy Pecan Mini Pies
Nothing says summer like peaches! I have fond memories of a trip I made to visit my mom while she worked in Colorado one summer. The mountains were gigantic, the views were stunning, and the peaches were juicy and oh so perfect! These fresh palisade peaches, that were sold on the side of the road by local farmers, were the best I've ever had. These amazing mini pies, by our friend Rachel, bring me back to those summer days and it's just the perfect treat! These individual tarts are wonderful to bring to a gathering or for a nice family dinner this summer. Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 4 ripe peaches, skin on & sliced
- 1 T honey
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 2-4 T Nikki's Honey Pecan Pie coconut butter (depending how much "icing" you like).
- Crust :
- 1 c dates
- 3/4 c pecans
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 t honey
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- Begin by processing the raw crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Once they are all combined, line a silicone mold baking sheet (you can use a silicone muffin pan or line a muffin tin with parchment muffin cup liners) and press the crust into the bottom and sides to form a cup.
- Set it in the fridge to harden for a bit.
- While this is setting, you'll want to combine ALL of the filling ingredients except the coconut butter, which will be used for topping only. You can do this in a processor or blender. I like the peaches to be finely chopped, but not pureed -- it's prettier when you see peach slices in there! I leave the skins on for more color and fiber. Removing the silicone mold, you can add the peach mixture into each cup.
- Next, gently melt the coconut butter. You want it to be pourable, but still thick. You do not want so hot that it melts and sinks into the bottom of the cups.
- Pour the coconut butter over each cup and place in the freezer until set.
Recipe and pictures by our amazing and talented friend, Rachel of @theheartfelttable on instagram.