Pam's Brussels Sprouts
Our friend Pam came up with this roasted brussels sprouts recipe and we love it! We made these with grilled burgers the other day and had the leftovers with chicken the following day. It has just the right amount of flavor to complement a main dish and it's extremely easy to prepare. Perfect for a potluck side dish to share with friends or for a nice family dinner with veggies the kids will be happy to eat.
1.5 lbs Brussels Sprouts
1 T. Organic coconut oil
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
2 pinches sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash brussels sprouts. Cut off bottoms, then cut in half. Discard bottoms and leaves that drop off.
3. Mix together Nikki's Coconut Butter with coconut oil then toss with brussels sprouts, you can toss together on your baking sheet or in a separate bowl.
4. Spread out brussels sprouts on baking sheet in an even layer then sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt.
5. Roast 25 minutes or until caramelized and softened. Remove from oven to stir after 15 minutes of roasting.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!
Yummy meal idea: Enjoy with pan-seared salmon and baked sweet potato