Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Paleo Kitchen
We recently received George Bryant's of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations and Juli Bauer's of PaleOMG new cook book "The Paleo Kitchen" and couldn't wait to dive into making some of their awesome new recipes! Of course, being that we have such a sweet tooth, we flipped straight to the desserts. When we came across this cookie recipe we couldn't resist making it with our very own Macadamia Nut Cookie flavor.
Yields: 20 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
1 cup Nikki's Coconut Butter-Macadamia Nut Cookie (Or 1 cup of Macadamia nut butter in the original version)
1/4 cup organic honey
1/4 coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. coconut flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the Macadamia Nut Cookie coconut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Refrigerate the batter until cold, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on prepared baking sheet, 10 cookies per baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are slightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack immediately to cool.
** Please note that Nikki's Coconut Butter does contain some honey and coconut oil already in it. Although we did not personally make any adjustments, the recipe may need to be adjusted to your own personal taste and preference.