Banana Pineapple Sherbert Bon Bons
Who doesn't love cake pops? These bon bons are like the healthy version of a cake pop, except they don't taste healthy, they taste like a real treat! The banana and pineapple flavors create and awesome fruity taste and the coconut butter combined with the short bread cookies and shredded coconut toppings make the best outer layer to form these treats! For best results, freeze the banana/pineapple mixture the night before.
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh/frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 heaping tablespoon full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter, melted
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Coconut Butter, melted
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, crushed [gluten free] shortbread cookies, instant coffee, chopped nuts
- Note: Slice ripe bananas prior to freezing. In a food processor, blend together the frozen banana, pineapple chunks, coconut milk, and vanilla until smooth. Working quickly, scoop out equal portions of the banana pineapple mixture using a cookie scoop on to parchment paper. Freeze for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Remove the frozen banana pineapple bon bons from the freezer. Working one at a time, dip the bon bon in melted coconut butter, using a spoon, quickly transfer to the toppings and roll to cover the bon bon. You'll have to work pretty quick to get the toppings to stick to the coconut butter since it will harden fast.
Recipe and photos by our friend, Denise at denimeloneats.blogspot.com and @denimelon on Instagram. Follow her for more yummy paleo and gluten free treats!