Lavender Raw Cheesecake Recipe
This lavender cheesecake is fabulous! For those of you cheesecake fans who are missing their dairy on a Paleo diet, this one has it all. Just remember to soak the cashews overnight before you actually start the recipe. This one was created by our very talented friend, Mariel Lewis of Amazing Paleo. She creates some amazing Paleo and Gluten Free recipes that you can use for every day cooking. I hope you love this one as much as I do!
- Cheesecake pan
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
For the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Nikki’s Honey Pecan Pie Coconut Butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 drops lavender essential oil (100% pure, therapeutic grade -- I use Young Living)
- Place raw almonds in food processor and process until they break down completely and begin to become like butter. Add in the rest of the crust ingredients, and pulse a few times until mixed completely. Transfer crust mixture to cheesecake pan and press down evenly. Freeze for 1 hour. Wash food processor.
- Place raw cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed) in food processor and process until creamy. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients and process until smooth. Pour over crust and freeze overnight.
- Slice cheesecake, and top with Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce or Mixed Berry Jam. Enjoy!
* Yields twelve slices
For more recipes from Mariel Lewis, check out her blog, amazingpaleo.com or her IG page, @amazingpaleo.