Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
We absolutely love this season of cooking and eating everything pumpkin! With Thanksgiving dinner coming up we decided to perfect the Pumpkin Pie using gluten free and dairy free ingredients. We even made our own whipped cream!
Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 1/4 Cup Pecans
1 1/4 Cup Walnuts
3 Tbs Butter
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Can of Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Spiced Donut Nikki's Coconut Butter
3 eggs whisked
3 Tbs Maple Syrup
1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
1 Tbs Arrowroot Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 Can of Coconut Milk refrigerated overnight
3 Tbs Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pie Crust Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor add pecans, walnuts, salt and baking soda and process until everything is finely ground.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, melt butter, then add dry ingredients in and mix.
3. Scoop out batter into tart pan and flatten with hands.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then set out to cool and work on pie filling.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until the texture is a smooth puree.
2. Pour batter onto pie crust making sure it spreads evenly and creates a smooth surface.
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 350.
4. Once the pie is set and golden, remove from the oven and let cool. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Whipped Cream Directions:
1.Scoop out the top layer of the Coconut Milk into a medium size mixing bowl. Add in the other ingredients and whip until you get a dense and velvety texture. (You might want to do this a few hours ahead and then refrigerate again so the texture gets fluffier.)
2. With a spoon, delicately top off Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream and enjoy! (For an even better look, use a piping bag for this step.)