Trick-Or-Treat Reese's (With a Dark Chocolate Filling)
This recipe was inspired by one of our instagram followers who posted an inside-out coconut butter reeses! We thought, what a cool idea! But then, we went on Pinterest and got inspired by all the awesome Halloween treats that people pinned so we decided to make our own version with chocolate spider designs (Or we tried at least).
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Microwave Coconut Butter for 30 seconds and stir.
- In a mini muffin pan with liners, add a dollop of coconut butter and flatten to fit the liner.
- Place tray in the freezer while you melt the dark chocolate.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the chocolate chips and stir often. Keep an eye on it, so the chocolate doesn't burn! You can also use a double broiler to keep the chocolate melted, but not burnt.
- Then, with a small spoon, scoop out about a 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate into liners. It's better to start out with a little and let is spread than pouring out too much at once.
- Again, place tray in the freezer, not more than 5 minutes so the chocolate creates a flat hard flat surface.
- Add the top layer of coconut butter and place the tray in the freezer one last time for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with friends or give them out as halloween treats! They're healthier than 99% of the candy the trick-or-treaters collect, and taste way better than candy corns!