Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
My friend Jamie, came up with this awesome recipe! She is a very gifted baker and she's really creative. So naturally these cupcakes were a hit and when I tried them I knew I'd have to get that recipe! These treats were the star of our Paleo/Gluten Free party which didn't have very many 'sweet indulgences'. Needless to say they were gone in seconds, but we got our bite! The strawberry jelly inside was a great surprise that made her cupcakes cute and tasty, but also very special!
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes-
½ c. Coconut Flour (sifted)
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
Pinch of Sea Salt
4 Pastured Eggs (room temp)
⅓ c. Coconut Oil (melted)
½ c. Honey or Grade B Maple Syrup
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Vanilla Bean (seeds scraped from pod)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (If your oven has convection use that option as it is better for baking. If not make sure to turn cupcakes halfway so they bake evenly.)
2. Add dry ingredients to a food processor and mix until well blended roughly 30 sec. If food processor is not available sift all ingredients together well.
3. Add eggs to mixer and beat on low until blended.
4. Next add coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and vanilla beans and mix on low until blended
5. Now add your dry ingredients slowly and mix on medium until well combined. You don’t want any clumps in the batter! Mixing 1-2 min at least.
6. Prepare your cupcake tin and spoon batter into liners filling ¾ way full. Easiest way it to use a ice cream scoop otherwise ½ c. measuring scoop and spoon work well too. Lightly tap cupcakes on counter and shake to level and let out any air in the batter.
7. Bake cupcakes roughly 20 min. turning halfway (very important if you do not have a convection oven). Check cupcakes with a toothpick to see if they are finished, toothpick should come out clean once they are completely baked.
8. Cool cupcakes completely on wire rack
~10-12 Organic Strawberries with tops removed
1-2 tbsp. Honey (depending on sweetness level)
1. Add strawberries and honey to food processor and blend until strawberries are coarsely pureed.
2. Place paper towel in fine mesh sieve and add strawberry mixture over a bowl allowing excess water to drain out. (This step could be done before you make the cupcakes as it will take time to let excess moisture drain from the strawberry mixture)
Tools required: Cupcake Core remover (available online or at kitchen supply stores) or try to carefully remove inside portion with a knife
Using the cupcake corer remove core of cupcakes gently and save tops! Once your strawberry mixture is ready add 1 spoonful to fit inside the cored cupcakes. Place tops back on cupcakes pressing gently so you do not overflow mixture in the cupcakes!
Vanilla Cake Batter Frosting
1 jar Nikki’s Vanilla Cake Batter Coconut Butter
½ c. Coconut Milk
½ c Palm Shortening
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ c. honey or maple syrup grade B
Add ingredients together and mix to desired thickness. If too thin add more coconut cream extract to desired thickness. Also may adjust sweetness to desired levels by adding more or less sweetener.
We will gladly add more pics when we make these after our 40 Day Superhuman Challenge, but for now, we've got to eat clean :)
Thanks Jamie for the recipe! Love you for sharing it with us!