Brookie= Brownie + Cookie. Paleo Brookies. Need I say more? I honestly had a ton of recipes in line to post for you guys, but when my friend Denise sent me this one, I thought, whoah- this needs to be available for everyone to make on that next cheat day! And....Mother's Day happens to be this weekend and I think these brookies would make some moms out there pretty happy! Plus, they are Paleo and Gluten Free, so guilt free, right? I honestly hope you love these as much as I do. I'll be making them for my mom this Sunday!
- 1 whole large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 3 oz good quality dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 3 tbsp Nikkis Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat the whole egg + egg yolk and maple sugar together until the eggs becoming light in color and double in volume/become fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, Nikki's coconut butter, and vanilla together over a double boiler or microwave for 30 second intervals stirring in between intervals, until completely melted.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate into the whipped eggs, whisking until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and instant espresso. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to combine until the batter is smooth. It should be fairly thick batter.
- With a cookie scoop (or a tablespoon), portion the batter about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper/silicone lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe and picture was brought to you by Denise of @denimelon on Instagram and denimeloneats.blogspot.com. Check her blog out for more paleo and gluten free recipes!